Monday, December 7, 2015

::teddy::

Teddy is a 28-year-old horse that I keep at my house I do not technically own him but he has lived with me since I bought this property.  One of my best friends from college is his actual owner but he has retired here with me.   I love the fat old man.   He is a super low maintenance horse.  He hangs out with donkey he's very easy to handle and he's very friendly.  A few days ago I went out in the barn to do some cleaning and noticed that he had injured his eye severely.    It was swollen shut and when he could open it the entire eye was white on the inside.   I called the vet out and we tried to treat it at home for a few days but it was not getting any better so we ended up taking him to Purdue yesterday to have it removed.   He seems so much more comfortable with that eye gone.   But it was pretty scary to see such a big injury on the old guy.   For the record I had to work the day Josh took him to Purdue and a day Josh had to go pick him up from Purdue so Josh really had to play the horseman the whole time.   Teddies real owner lives in Nashville Tennessee so she is not close enough to drive up.   So far he has a good diagnosis.  Of course with only one eye he will need to be careful but he is a pretty careful old man anyway.  


2 comments:

  1. So sorry about your sweet boy but glad he's comfy now. Have had several experiences like this... last year it was John's Clyde, Bonnie. But we managed to save it, even with a big white area still. Years ago Sarah's first Shetland/mini died after that surgery. I bawled way more than she did. Best wishes for fast healing and continued good health!
    xo
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails