Monday, February 25, 2013

::disney grown up trip::



Josh and I snuck out a little while back for a "End of Breast Feeding Forever Trip".  We stole some Disney Vacation Club points from my mom and got a little studio room at Bay Lake Towers for three nights.  It was a total blast.  We got the kids off to school on Wednesday, left Q with Grammy, and then headed for the airport.  We have a tradition of renting movies from iTunes to watch on the place ride.  This time I chose Pitch Perfect for the flight there.  I can not believe that I haven't seen this movie before.  It was totally hilarious.  Great light hearted comedy.




Once we got checked in we headed over to Downtown Disney and had an early dinner at Fultons.  This is a sea food restaurant that we love.  It always seems to take a really long time, and is very high end; so we have not been since our Lily was about 2.  The next morning we got up and headed to the Magic Kingdom.  We have never been to that park without our kids.  Its amazing how much you can get done when you have no stroller to hold you back.  The new part of Fantasy Land is amazing.  So well done.  We went on the Little Mermaid Ride.  The kids will love it.  The new Snow White roller coaster looks amazing, but it wasn't done.  We kept our budget down by eating at counter service places.  We tried two new attractions that we have not done before (my mother says I did these as a kid but I don't remember).  We did "Tow Sawyer's Island and The Swiss Family Tree House".  Both are old school and make me smile at how much they feel like something Walt would have designed.
 


releasing ladybugs

The next day we headed off to Epcot.  Epcot with out kids is big fat fun.  We had fun riding rides - but the make over of Test Track seems weird.  I actually likes the old one better.  They took the whole crash test part of it out.  It seems a little lame now, but I don't love change in my Disney environment.  We ate lunch at the counter service Mexico pavilion and it was amazing.  We finally got the chance to do the Behind the Seeds tour at the Land.  I has ridden to boat ride about 500 times waiting with a little kid for the big kids to ride Soarin', but I have never had the chance to do the back stage tour.  It was wonderful - and full of hidden Mickey's.  We had a wicked good snack at the counter service place in France.  HOW HAS THIS GOTTEN PAST US!!!???  Amazing.  This will be a new staple for us every time we go from now on.  We ate dinner back at the Land.


The next day was an early rise and back on the plane.  We watched a movie called "Seven Psychopaths".  Interesting.  I might not be artsy enough to really get it.
 


Overall it was a great trip.  I was nice to sneak off with just Josh.  It made me want to take the kids back.  Which is good since we are taking the monsters back in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails