Friday, August 31, 2012

::ten years ago::

Ten years ago today I got married.
In my back pasture.


I was a fool.
Immature for my 24 years.
A spoiled brat.
But I had some potential.
And thank the lord - I picked the right man.


 And the right dress and flowers.
I still have those shoes.
 
 Doesn't Josh look like he is 12?
He was 28.

 I have to say that I vividly remember this moment.
He had said something funny and cute.
He still says lots of things that are funny and cute.

 He can still pick me up like that, but he really shouldn't.
We are getting too old for that sort of craziness.

I loved my cake.  
I had bought that cake topper when I was around 14.
It was the perfect touch of Disney.
I hope Lily uses it. 

Josh and I often talk about how stinking lucky we are to have found each other.  We didn't even know or understand how perfect we were for each other when we got married.  I have no idea why Josh married me.  I was not someone that I am proud of now.  I was vain and spoiled and obsessed with the wrong things.  But ten years, another college degree, four pregnancy's, and 20+ pounds does a great deal to change a person.  I could stand to get rid of the extra poundage, but the rest of it has been a glorious ride.  I love this life we have created.  This next year stands to have many changes in it.  The sale of this farm, buying a new homestead, kids growing and developing.  But I am excited to see what the next ten years brings us.  We still have lots of potential to grow into :) 

Where would I like to be in ten years:
Still crazy in love with Josh.
Living on a farm in our new town, that is set up for kids and fun.
Working as a nurse and still loving it.
Debt free (minus a house payment)
A master gardener.
Going to lunch with Emma at Purdue
Getting Lily ready for college
Going to football games to watch Max play 
Still treating Q like a baby

I can't wait to see what happens next
 

3 comments:

  1. Brooke, this is a beautiful post. You have grown into a wonderful, caring woman. Your family is lucky indeed to have you. I'm proud of you :)

    --Kelly Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled into your blog looking for ideas for a 6th bithday party for an aspiring artist. Her name also happens to be Lily. Not Lilee, or Lillie, or any other grandios spelling. Just Lily. I feel a connection to you with that one simple thing. :) Anyway, I LOVED the ideas you had for your Lily's party so, I am going to use a couple. And, I figured since you were so creative in that area of your life, I would poke around the others through your blog. I have to tell you - I love that I can see your passion through your writing. I have gathered you are passionate about your family, your farm, new frontiers. I aspire to be like you. I'm passionate myself, about a lot of the same things. I'm just looking for a way to excercise that passion. Thank you for your blog. And thank you for reminding me there are other women out there who love life, who follow their dreams and who love passionately all the things around them. I'm glad I'm not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails