Monday, October 10, 2011

::lily the great::

Lily is my soul mate.  We are lobsters.  She is the daughter that I was always meant to have.  She is mine.   I ALWAYS knew that I had to have a daughter.  The boys are amazing, but the daughter part of life was an essential fact.  And when I sit waiting for the bus every morning - in my jammies just like my grandma used to wait with me - I ponder this little girl.  I stare at her and make her sit on my lap.  I smell her hair and try to keep her warm, and I rejoice in her.  She is a better new and improved version of me, brought up in a totally different kind of house.

She is my tenacious points with out my ADD.  She has my loop hole finder of a brain, but her mean streak is much smaller.  She is no easy kid.  She doesn't do anything you tell her unless she see's the reason in your request.  She pushes every boundary and is amazingly talented at finding your weak spots and using them.  She can push too far and make me want to go crazy.  But then she reels it back is with her pure heart felt cuteness.   She loves to cook with me and she loves to have chances to be alone with me.  Her favorite food is sushi - tuna rolls.  She saves her money so she can take me on Mommy dates.  She is allergic to goats, but it doesn't seem t slow her down.  She sings in the shower.  LOUD.  And her song choice is often the newest song on the radio.  She is taking an after school baton class that she picked for herself and she loves it.  She gets Max up on the weekends and brings him into her bed to read books till they come wake us up.  She loves babies.    She will rip you apart if you pick her up late, and remind you of it for years.  If I try to sneak out to the barn by myself to feed she can sense it and comes flying out of the house.  She takes as many pictures as I do.  She creates at least one piece of art every day.  She hates socks and leggings.  She still will not wear pants.  She hates getting her hair touched in any way.  She flosses her teeth every day.  She wishes she could wear only crocs all day every day.  She would rather shiver all day than wear warm clothes.  She sleeps in bed with a nest of pillow pets and blankets.  She even calls it her nest.  Of all the places in this house the dog picks Lily to sleep with at night.  She makes lists in a way that makes me proud.  She will curl up in your space no matter were you sit.  So make room.  She is the daughter I always dreamed about.  Lucky me. 
 


























4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, this makes me so happy and excited about my own daughter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn you. Its hard to type through my tears! Sooo awesome. Lucky you. Luckier her.
    xo
    Lesllie

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this post, love the pics, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to let you know that I love your blog. You've had a lot of great projects. I just featured your melted crayon art on my blog last week. Also, every Friday, we feature a blog and have a link party that goes with it. I would love for you to share something on any of my link parties. cookienut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails