Thursday, May 26, 2011

::new job::

I have been working on this for awhile, but I didn't want put it out there on blog land till I really knew the details.  A few days ago I got my final offer from Community Hospital.  I accepted.  Even though I just about wanted to cry my eyes out when I told my manager.

I will be floating between NICU, peds, and ED!  The people in the know call it the ED, ER is the wrong term.  Which I have keep reminding myself, because I know so little about ED that I can't even call it by the right name.  I will start in NICU just to learn the system and then float to any of the hospitals, based on their need.   

Pro's
New hospital - where I don't have any negative relationships to things
New unit that is very uncomfortable for me.  
Growing and stretching always leads to solid personal discovery. 
Significantly more money  - BUT that is not the most important part to me
All I know if NICU, it will be good to not be a one trick pony
I am staying PRN in NICU, I hope - that is still in the process
      PRN = as needed, working twice a month at least
New adventure

Con's
New unit that is VERY uncomfortable for me
They only wear solid Navy scrubs - BORING
I will miss my support group.  I am so blessed with the greatest friends at work.
No benefits.  Which I don't need with Josh's job, but that also mean so paid maternity leave.  (IN THE FUTURE!)
Requires a degree of flexibility that may be uncomfortable at time, but I will go in expecting that
Thoughts???

2 comments:

  1. I think this might be good for you and wish you all the best in your new adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, now I'm starting to feel sorry for myself.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails