Saturday, September 11, 2010

::gardening - how did it turn out::


I have greatly enjoyed this garden.  It was so fun to imagine it and then make it happen.  I can't wait to do it again next year, but even better.  More mixed planting and a spot for Lily to "free style" garden.  I did get the chance to mulch the paths and picked up two black berry bushes on clearance.  See them in the log beds on each end.  They are so cute right now, but I am sure they will go crazy.  


I am getting a nice late summer cilantro crop.  My parsley is way over grown and needs harvested.  The tomato's and the cow had too many run ins so they didn't come in very well.  I will fix that next year.  I have fall broccoli starting to poke up.  And why have my strawberry's grow like crazy in the past month?  I thought they were dead.  (The goats did get loose and help trim them up a bit.)  The zinnia's are stunning, and Lily and I got some mums to sprinkle around the garden.  She picked were to plant them and did it herself.  So cute.  


 Here it was in April.  We have come a long way.  

UndertheTableandDreaming 

1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love your raised garden. So pretty!

    I hope you don't mind. I linked your post to my Porch and Garden Party at firstadream.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails