Friday, August 27, 2010

::palette invite::



When Lily started Kindergarten last year I struggled with her party invitations.  I usually try to make her invites a year in review, with lots of pictures.  But other kids don't care about seeing all those pictures.  So last year I made a family invite and a put only one picture in the school invites.   This year I decided that I wanted two totally different invites.  I have already done her water colors school invites, so it was time to get to work on the family invite.  The first thing I did was cut out two inch circles of different color paper on my cricut cutter.



Then I bought a real palette from the craft store and used it to trace the base for my invite.  I tried to find online templates but could seem to track down the right one.  This one cost $2 at the craft store, and it was just the right size.



Then I had to cut it out.  Not my favorite job, but an evening with American Pickers helped me get it done.


I printed out a variety of pictures of Lily from the year in a 2/3 inch format.  I used a 1.5 inch hole punch to cut out circles of her face.




Then I taped it all together with my industrial tape gun.  (Which I should post about, because I am actively IN love with it.)




Then I got on the Mac version of Word and made up this simple information sheet for the back.


I really like how they turned out.  














UndertheTableandDreaming 


CreativeShareWednesdays

  

3 comments:

  1. I think this is adorable! THanks for showing it off!

    I hope you'll come participate in my link party today! It runs all week so come back and add more BOY projects! All About The Boy @ The Nifty Nest!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love a good DIY invitation! These are so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great party! Would you mind if I use your wording for my son's invitation? You are so creative. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails