Thursday, April 22, 2010

::blender paper::



This year for Earth Day we decided to make paper.  We added seeds to the mix so that after you read the card, you plant it in the ground and the seeds sprout.








Rip up old construction paper or newspaper in small strip and soak in water overnight. 


One of the many wonderful things about being married to an airplane mechanic is that he has every tool known to man and he thinks I should know how to use them.  I am maybe up to 10 (including hammers and screw drivers) that I would use totally independently but one I just learned is this sheet metal trimmer.  Perfect for trimming a 6 inch by 10 inch piece of old window screen that happened to be in the attic.  You need one piece of screen for each piece of paper your want.  We ended up with 12, just because that is how much screen I had.

Place the soaked paper in the blender with enough water to cover the scraps.  Blend till the thickness of thick soup.  Lily loved using the blender.  I let her push every button.  


Fill a baking dish about half way with water.  Add about one third of the pulp.  Stir in one packet of seeds from your favorite flowers.  We used Zinnia's.  Slide a piece of against the inside of the bowl and under the water.  You are trying to filter out the pulp onto your screen.  The thicker the pulp the thicker the paper.  Place the screen/pulp on a towel and let dry over night.


Decorate the paper how every you want.  I pulled out my good stamps and ink.  What I think I am saving them for I will never know, so I taught Lily how to use them with out ruining them and then turned her loose.  



As usual the company was what made this so fun.  Cute little toothless kid.  


UndertheTableandDreaming


UndertheTableandDreaming


3 comments:

  1. oooo. I haven't done this in years! Now you've made me want to do this with my grandson this week! I have become a follower and would be honored if you choose to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea! So creative - I totally have to try this! Thanks so much for stopping by and linking to the Sunday Showcase! Hope you have a great week! I greatly appreciate it! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I'll be featuring your paper today! Stop by and grab a featured button if you like! Thanks for joining the Sunday Showcase Party! ~Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails