Monday, March 1, 2010

::melty crayons::




I love these suckers. They just look so pretty. What a great way to use up some old yucky crayons.

We broke them into pieces and let them soak in water to make the wrappers easier to peel off.

Lily saw the crayons soaking and the little OCD junior in her just pulled up her stool and promptly began peeling. She did about 75% of them before I helped her finish them off. What a cute little kid.

Lily then carefully picked out the right colors for each section of the muffin tin.

I set my oven to 300, but my oven is one old bird. It takes it about 30 minutes to warm up to 375 so I just started it warming and set the muffin pan with the crayon pieces on the top wrack. It took about 5-8 minutes to get them almost liquid them I took them out and let them cool for a good two hours.

I loved making them in the heart shape, it added some extra cuteness.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails